ESA to UC and the ESA under payment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA to UC and the ESA under payment

2»

Comments

• baileyboy18
    baileyboy18 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Thanks again poppy ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,934 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem.

UC have advised you incorrectly, SDP isn't only paid to the in the Support Group. You're right it's the Enhanced disability premium that's automatically paid if someone is in the support group claiming income related. However the enhanced disability premium is also paid if you're in the WRAG on income related but you must be claiming Enhanced daily living PIP or High rate care DLA to qualify for it.

Have you had a decision on the Income related underpayment yet? It can take 12 weeks for a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • baileyboy18
    Poppy I have been pulling my hair out over this tbh if you wasn't helping I think I would go nuts or done something bad.
    You have been my day of light. 
    With all the different benefits I know I have confused one benefit to another which you kindly clarified again thank you 
    No not heard is 11 weeks on Monday the 11th and they may extend not expecting them to find in my favour as my living situation confuses things it's not the money as survive this long without anyway, I was really anxoius about having to go through assessments again I know it's part and parcel but I was trying to say to them if it's an error on they made do I have go through assessments again. 
    Doesn't matter as I've got a trigger on UC and got to be reassessed just hope its not done again if they do find in my favour. 
    I only just did my PIP face to face and it stresses me so much I was dreading having to go through it all again.
    Thank you so much for your feed back and help there are still some helpful non judgemental people out there ?
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome. Being assessed for a mistake made by DWP in the past won't cause another re0assessment. If you're sent another work capability assessment form then it will be a total coincidence. They can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.

The 12 week time is just a guide, it could go past that but hopefully you'll hear something soon. If you do receive backdated money and it takes you over the savings threshold for means tested benefits then it's disregarded for 12 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • baileyboy18
    Hi Poppy is there any process to challenge the ESA underpayment? 
    Has been 13 weeks now? 
    I was in support group (C) IB from 2007 till 08/08/2014 then assessed for (C)esa 09/08/2014 till March 2017 was then placed in work group (c) esa. Wasn't assessed for (IR) esa. Can only recieve (C) ESA for 365 days, had to apply for UC last march 2018 because my ESA ran out. I have been continuously in reciept of either DLA middle or standard PIP. 
    The addresses I have been sofa surfing at or staying at and always infomred DWP, were in reciept of middle DLA or standard PIP
    No one has ever been paid CA for me.
    I haven't been asked to provide any additional information. 
    When I call them they say all boxes have been ticked and letter should be sent soon that was going back 2 week's ago now.
    There is no process guidelines online to follow ? 
  • poppy123456
    The backlogs are most likely huge because there's thousands of people to assess. The time scale they give you is just a guide and all you can do at this point is to ring as ask what's happening.
  • baileyboy18
    Thanks for replying. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.