What is causing my pain and fatigue? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is causing my pain and fatigue?

Abbey3624
Abbey3624 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hell, I'm a newbie to this site. I have had blood test after blood regarding my symptoms and they have all come back FNF (fault no found), so I am reaching out further afield to see if they ring a bell with anyone.

Incident 1 Muscle spasms in and around the left rib area and lower muscles. Excruciating pain accompanied by fatigue, realised if I didn't move the pain subsided, took over 6-8 weeks before recovery. Action - pushed lawn mower.

Incident 2 about 12 weeks later, whole right side of rib cage front and back in continual pain (not spasms as before) also accompanied by fatigue. Took another 6 weeks to recover. Action, pushing an airport trolley.

Incident 3 ongoing situation which started 3 weeks ago, got up from bed, pain on putting right leg to the floor, no known reason for it. Swelling and pain to right knee, lump above and to the right of knee cap. Has taken over my life and also the fatigue that accompanies it. Doctors are murmuring things like ME and Fibromyalgia which means they don't know exactly what it is and are thinking along these lines and are sending me to a pain clinic to manage the symptoms. 

I would be be grateful for any help and advise you could offer.

Thanks

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Abbey3624, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm so sorry to hear about the symptoms you're experiencing. They sound tough enough on their own, and I know how endlessly frustrating it can be when you can't find a reason why these things are happening.

Unfortunately, we're not medical professionals here on the community and cannot offer any medical advice. If you have concerns about your health, you should always speak with your GP or a professional involved in your care first and foremost. That said, we have many community members who also deal with fatigue and pain who may be able to share their experiences with you.

It's really good to hear that you've been referred to a pain clinic, I really hope this helps. In the meantime, you may be interested in our other dealing with chronic pain discussions where our members share their own tips and experiences. I hope today is as kind as possible to you!
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Abbey3624 please keep us updated :)
  • Abbey3624
    Abbey3624 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes, thank you, after reading more of the forum I recognised this was not the right place for it. I have copied and pasted my message on several sites hoping for insight into my symptoms. Thank you again for your advice

Brightness