Esa decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa decision

Spibes
Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
Good news, I just rung the DWP and I've been awarded the support group again but for longer this time at 18 months. 

I'm so used to bad news but now with my new flat, and my financial security I can finally work on getting better. 

Not every assessment is bad, it's right to prepare for the worst and I'm so grateful for how lucky I've been. I'm in tears here was homeless for much of 2017 and I can't believe my life my start turning around. 

I don't post much but thank you, I read a lot of posts here and the kindness that contributors show is amazing, I hope I can use my experience to help others as I was helped before. 

Comments

• Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hiya Spibes, That’s fantastic news. I’m so pleased for you, especially what you’ve been through in 2017.
    Try and relax, you’ll need to after any assessment and/ or their decision, they’re so stressful.
    Its your year so enjoy it. 
    Put the kettle on and make yourself a nice cup of tea, you deserve it. I’d even say have a slice of cake too.
    Good luck for the future and again I’ll say fantastic news.
    ???
  • Spibes
    Appreciate that so much, I've got the kettle on and intend to watch cheesy rubbish on Netflix all day, it's heaven for me. 

Just happy I don't have as much stress, they say money doesn't bring happiness but not having financial stress brings comfort that's for sure ?
  • Tarpuk4
    Tarpuk4 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Fantastic news and after a rotten 2017 things are now picking up for you. Enjoy your new flat, your new financial security and well done again on your smashing ESA result. I will be facing mine soon and I am dreading it. Is it really as bad as people make out having to go for the face to face interview xx
  • Spibes
    Thank you I appreciate that. 

In my experience at 3 esa assessments and a pip assessment they have all been okay. 

Usually only the horror stories are online, just make sure you tell them how your conditions effect you, don't let them ask closed yes or no questions always elaborate your points etc. 

Bring someone with you, I always have it really does help having someone who knows you there. 

I hope it goes well for you, it does depend on the assessor but I wish you luck  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, well done!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Spibes
    Thank you poppy ?
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Go for it! Feet up and watch all the junk possible.
    I completely agree regarding money, I’m not a materialistic person or money fixated. But when you’ve not got any or very little it’s a very big worry on top of health issues.

All behind you now, enjoy!enjoy!enjoy!
    Future looks safer now.???

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.