Esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa

Chapy
Chapy Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I won my esa tribunal in January 17th 2019 but I have not heard back from dwp how long does it take 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It can take 8 weeks to receive any backdated money owed. The only way to know what's happening is to ring DWP and ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chapy
    Every time I've rang them I'm on hold for 45 mins and they just say we'll send you a letter when complete 
  • Chapy
    I don't think I'll get any back payment because I was claiming jsa while I was waiting 
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2019
    What group were you placed into by the Tribunal? and when did you first claim ESA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chapy
    I claim esa in November 2017 and I'm in that work group
  • Chapy
    Got put on jsa in January 2017
  • poppy123456
    Claims for ESA that were started after April 2017 aren't paid the work group component. This means that there won't be any backdated money owed to you if you claimed JSA or ESA assessment rate while waiting for the Tribunal decision.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.