ESA stopped today, asked to claim UC but i'm on SDP? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA stopped today, asked to claim UC but i'm on SDP?

2»

Comments

• Netty10
    Netty10 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thank you for all your help. I was advised I could claim income support as I have a disabled son. I don’t get Carers for him but if I claim it I can get that instead. Was told that might be better as keep going to job centre will cause me total stress and sometimes I struggle to leave my house. Should I get sick note from doc just in case I need it. I feel sick to my stomach. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Netty10 said:
    Thank you for all your help. I was advised I could claim income support as I have a disabled son. I don’t get Carers for him but if I claim it I can get that instead. Was told that might be better as keep going to job centre will cause me total stress and sometimes I struggle to leave my house. Should I get sick note from doc just in case I need it. I feel sick to my stomach. 
    I'm afraid you won't be able to claim Income support unless you have a child under 5 or you claim carers allowance for looking after someone.

Does your son claim daily living PIP or DLA mid/high rate care?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Netty10
    Dla high rate care
  • Netty10
    I was told to claim Carers Allowance then income support whilst my mr went through. Is that going to work out worse for me?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    The carers allowance could be a problem. If your caring role contradicts the reasons why you were/are claiming ESA then it could go against you for the MR/Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.