PIP Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment

suemfs
suemfs Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I know a little about the law.  Capita have asked  me to attend a PIP assessment twice, I rang up and told them I could not.  Despite this, Capita and DWP have sent yet another appointment.  I will not be attending and I will send a letter before action because as far as I can see, this is harassment, discrimination under the Equality Act 2010 and maladministration, Breach of European Convention on Human Rights, (including a breach of my Right to life when they know this could threaten my life, and my right to freedom from torture as putting me through mental anguish deliberately is torture.  This is because I have mental health issues of severe depression and anxiety and they don't care, they know that putting me through this could cause me to take an overdose as I am not at all well at them moment (Bipolar/ ADHD, Aspergers, OCD, fibromyalgia, joint hyper-mobility syndrome, Heart problem, blood lipid problem, severe risk of heart attack, asthma and severe allergies, they have repeatedly been told by medically trained doctors who are superior to their health assessors to leave me alone as I am not well enough to be assessed at the moment.  I will send a letter before action and if they continue to harass me throw the book at them.. The difference is that I do know the law and I know how to take them to court and I will.  This is making me ill and I know its a risk to my life by getting stressed out taking them to court but I feel i have no choice; I will get stressed out from an assessment and I know my rights.  They have been repeatedly told by two doctors not to put me through an assessment at the moment and they are ignoring the doctors.  My claim will be for failure to make a reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act, Harrasment, maladministration resulting in negligence and personal injury.  Wish me luck. I will look at doing a class action if I can cope with this.  I may be disabled but Im not stupid as they seem to think I am. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @suemfs   Pleased to meet you .  Thank you for your post and sharing with the community.

I am one of the team of community champions who help, advise and support members.

I know the assessments from the initial beginning are stressful and are a time for coping with difficult situations they convey.

My concern is for you as a valued member of the community.  I am truly sorry what you are experiencing.

Unfortunately many members are going through similar experiences continually.

I know myself having been doing this for a considerable amount of time.  Ongoing.

Understand the anger, emotion and hurt you are going through right now.

Please can I ask are you receiving any support for your mental health.  I do think that might be beneficial to your wellbeing.

One suggestion I have to think about applying for some support with that often comes assistance and advice from those who can help with any problems you have.  Regarding benefits.

Lots of charities have mental health support with some welfare advisors or signposting you to a member of staff who can help, advise you.

Then you are not alone coping.

I do understand where your coming from. I had this constantly then my mental health.  Became a problem looked at on line and found this charity. Interventions by them the members of a floating support team advised me and reassured me to cope with my issues and problems.

Used this one.  If that helps you.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Please wish you the best what ever you do.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for sharing this @suemfs, and I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. It sounds as though you're doing everything by the book and it's good to hear you're informed and being proactive.

Please do let us know how things play out, and most importantly, make sure you're looking after yourself and your health too.
  • suemfs
    Hello @suemfs   Pleased to meet you .  Thank you for your post and sharing with the community.

I am one of the team of community champions who help, advise and support members.

I know the assessments from the initial beginning are stressful and are a time for coping with difficult situations they convey.

My concern is for you as a valued member of the community.  I am truly sorry what you are experiencing.

Unfortunately many members are going through similar experiences continually.

I know myself having been doing this for a considerable amount of time.  Ongoing.

Understand the anger, emotion and hurt you are going through right now.

Please can I ask are you receiving any support for your mental health.  I do think that might be beneficial to your wellbeing.

One suggestion I have to think about applying for some support with that often comes assistance and advice from those who can help with any problems you have.  Regarding benefits.

Lots of charities have mental health support with some welfare advisors or signposting you to a member of staff who can help, advise you.

Then you are not alone coping.

I do understand where your coming from. I had this constantly then my mental health.  Became a problem looked at on line and found this charity. Interventions by them the members of a floating support team advised me and reassured me to cope with my issues and problems.

Used this one.  If that helps you.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Please wish you the best what ever you do.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Thank you spiceman, you have some great advice there, I really appreciate it. This is such a good group. Thank you 
  • suemfs
    Thank you for sharing this @suemfs, and I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. It sounds as though you're doing everything by the book and it's good to hear you're informed and being proactive.

Please do let us know how things play out, and most importantly, make sure you're looking after yourself and your health too.
    Thank you Pippa. So far I have been shocked as despite them now being given 4 letters by psychiatrists telling them not to put me through it,  they then sent yet another letter with another appointnent that they knew I couldn’t attend, my support worker had to contact them as I had a meltdown to tell them to back off as I am a suicide risk, so instead of backing off they actually rang me today to try to get me to go to an appointment despite 4 letters, a support worker and myself making it clear they are putting my life in danger by pushing me too far. They just will not leave me alone it’s like they are pushing me deliberately to the point of no return. They are just awful. Thank you for all the support. I will keep you posted, just trying to stay calm, I’m so heavily medicated it’s difficult to function, they are making my mental health far worse, if they want me to get better so I can get back to being self sufficient they need to stop making me ill. They are like sociopaths, they just do not care, I can not understand how people can be so cold and callous. I will keep you posted on it all. Thanks for your support all of you. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @suemfs Please can I thank you for replying. At this difficult time.

I do understand and have been there.  So many times.  This is not about me but you.

I do think also may I suggest consider speaking to your MP.  This might be worth doing because many do not know what is going on are oblivious.

All I can say is we are here to help and advise be a friend, listen anytime you wish to.

As a community champion I meet so many amazing, wonderful people who have done nothing wrong in their lives.  Do the normal things of work, lifestyle and have a life. All they wish for is when things do go wrong.

Want compassion and kindness from a helping hand.  Unfortunately this Government who has a agenda of hurt and harm have been brutal, harsh of treatment of our community.  Continue to do so.  No matter how, why and what.

Please thank you for sharing what you are going through.  Please keep in touch. I am always here every day. Be glad to have a chat help and assist if you have an issue.

Your support worker glad you have that and hope everything works out.

Always happy to listen.  Offer advice and suggestions if you need them.

Pleasure to talk to you.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • suemfs
    Thank you for being so supportive spiceman, it really means a lot to know I have people here to talk to and I’m not alone. Thank you 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    This this is a difficult thing to contemplate doing taking on the big boys in court. You the little guy no funding to peruse these people. What it wants , needs is crowd funding to finance this  or similar cases to bring a stop to these requests and insistence on having acessments when claimants are in a state of ill health and mental instability at rick of self harming. Take care and know you are not alone we are a supporting cummunity.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.