Coming to retirement age - will my wife's PIP be affected? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Coming to retirement age - will my wife's PIP be affected?

Options
bensam39
bensam39 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello my name is Ian, iv'e just joined this site as i will be coming up to retirement age in the next few years and hopefully get some advice. I have had a stroke and my wife has got bi-polar and receives PIP and EESA. Would my wife still receive her benefits when i become of pensionable age?, she is 3 years younger than me, i will be 66 in a few years.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @bensam39, hello and welcome, your wife’s PIP will continue regardless of your income as long as she meets the criteria of the PIP descriptors. If you are still working now and your wife’s  EESA has not been reduced because of your income then when you claim your pension, your financial situation should not be affected but things can change between now and then, have you used a benefits check site or similar. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @bensam39!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.