Unsure what to do about my recently received PiP report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unsure what to do about my recently received PiP report

Nools
Nools Community member Posts: 21 Listener
Hi all,

any advice welcomed.

I received my PiP report today after requesting it a couple of days ago. If they stick to the assessors' report then I will be awarded standard in both. The problem is I don't want the mobility part of it. When I had my assessment I was having a really bad few days and was subsequently having a great deal of difficulty walking and the assessor has awarded me 8 points because of it. But my disability is fluctuating, sometimes its like it was the other day, sometimes its better than that and sometimes it's even worse. I don't want to complete an mr because I don't think I can handle the stress, but then I also don't want an award I may not be entitled to.  Is there anything else I can do before then? Will contacting them work?

Thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP isn't about your worst days. It's about how you are at least 50% of the time over a 12 month period. If your condition doesn't affect you this much then when the decision is made, if they go with the report then you need to report those changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nools
    Nools Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Okay :). Thank you!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    This is an unusual story of an assessor doing the job properly.  Cantrarary to what some say an HCP is looking at the overall impact on a claimants functionality. In this case the HCP saw that the claimant may have under played their condition. A properly conducted assessment is not looking to reduce an award but to recommend the correct award whether good or bad
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.