Support group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support group

Matthewsheehy24
Matthewsheehy24 Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
I didn’t get any points in reg35 and that was the only reason I wasn’t put back in support group kept in wrag.My doctor ticked I suffer from coping with changes or social engagement.Should that be enough to put me back in support group and I scored 18 points in my medica.Any help please.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

To be placed into the support group through one of the support group descriptors you must prove the following.

• at least one of the LCWRA descriptors applies to you for the majority of the time or on the majority of the occasions that you try to carry out the activity;
    • your capability for work and work-related activity is limited; and
    • it is not reasonable for you to carry out the activity.
    (LCWRA is support group)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Does that mean I meet one of the discriptias poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea, i'm afraid. It really does depend on how your conditions affect you and it's impossible to give that advice on an internet forum. You'll need evidence to prove how your conditions affect you. Have you requested the MR?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    They knocked me back on my mr it’s going to tribunal.When I had a look through them I seen the one my doctor had replied to the dwp (tribunal papers) and that’s what he ticked he didn’t wright anything by the side left it blank.He did Wright that I have anxiety state.depression and psychosis. I’ve just noticed aswell this report is from 24/6/2016. That can’t be right looking at a report nearly 3 years ago.
  • poppy123456
    Reg 35 isn't about scoring points. It's about the risk to yourself and others. Your GP just ticking the boxes to those descriptors and writing you have anxiety etc isn't enough, you'll need evidence that tells them how your conditions affect you.

What report are you looking at? The assessment report from your most recent assessment is the one they would have gone by.

I really do advise you to get some expert face to face advice because it's extremely difficult to give any advice on an internet forum because no one knows how your conditions affect you.

This link will help you see what's local to you for advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

• Matthewsheehy24
    That’s the only doctors report in my paper work from 2016 dated poppy 123456.
  • poppy123456
    Did you send any other evidence to support your claim?
  • Matthewsheehy24
    The only other evidence is what I told themon the letter I sent in for a MR popppy123456 and what tablets I am on.
  • poppy123456
    You'll need more evidence than this to support your claim. Waiting times for Tribunals are huge across most of the country and some are waiting as long as 1 year for a hearing date. As long as your evidence is sent to arrive at least 10 days before the hearing date then that's fine. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on the claimant to make sure they send it to support their claim.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Who do I get more evidence of poppy123456 please 
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Sorry for being a nag poppy.Its just so complicating.
  • poppy123456
    You can request your medical records from your GP. These are free to receive digital copies but if you need paper copies there will be a charge. Once you have them you can take a look through to see if there's anything in there you can use.  Evidence the proves how your conditions affect you is what's needed, not letters about a diagnosis.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    That’s what I will do first thing Monday morning.Thanks for your help poppy 123456
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.