Good news ! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good news !

Options
booboo73
booboo73 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
HI all
I spoke to Esa and they have approved my claim for the backdated payments from Sept13 until now...im still in shock. If  anyone could help I would appreciate  it....

The payment was 'processed' by Bacs from the DWP at 6pm Thurs eve...when will it be available in my Santander bank?

What savings are you allowed on Income related  ESA and PIP ?

The have approved IR esa and severe disabled premium...will I still have to apply again?

I was so in shock I forgot to ask the above. I must say all the staff I spoke to in this dept were lovely and very helpful indeed.

Thanks x

Comments

• happy91
    happy91 Community member Posts: 101 Pioneering
    Options
    The payment should be available now if they processed it Thursday.

Up to 6,000 savings.

Not sure what your third question is.

Glad you got it sorted
  • booboo73
    Options
    Thank you x think with it been Bacs it can take 3 working days I've just read so it will be mon/tues...i dare not get too excited until it's in my bank!! Xxx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Bacs payments take 3-4 working days to go into your bank, so most likely by middle of this week.

If the back dated payment is more than £5,000 then it's disregarded for the life time of your ESA award for all means tested benefits. If it's less than that amount then it's disregarded for 12 months. Your award letter will tell you everything you need to know, which you should receive in the post soon.

No sure what you mean by "will i still have to apply again."
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • booboo73
    Options
    Thank you. Sorry I didn't make myself clear.... I meant they have changed me from contribution esa to income related for the back payments.... do I still have to apply for future payments of income related or will they have done it. Sara x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem. That's already done as that's what the backdated money is from. Your award letter will tell you how much your future weekly payments will be. Usually money goes into the bank before a letter arrives.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hoops1965
    Hoops1965 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Pip is not means tested so savings and not taken into account 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.