Reassement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reassement

ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 174 Courageous
Well the dreaded letter came on friday asking about a reassessment. Ive sent all my medical evidence off regarding my crumbling spine and also a letter from my doctor asking for a home assessment. Ive also sent my old pip report with it stating i couldnt walk and move very far. I know im probably wishful thinking but i really hope its enough to stop me having to go for another assessment 

Comments

• ollieandduke
    Ive also received a letter from pip telling me they have looked over my medical evidence and everything is as it should be and nothing is being changed i dont know what that is about im not due for a review till 2020
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

For the mobilising descriptor for ESA they take into consideration your ability to use a self propel wheelchair as well. You say you've sent your evidence, do you mean you've filled out the form and returned it already?

For the PIP letter than it's most likely because of the following and planning a journey rule changes. They are looking at everyones claim from a certain date. I had a letter regarding this about 5 weeks ago. As nothing has changed then your payments will continue as normal until your reviewed which is 1 year before your award is due to end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Poppy I’ve done my mr when do I send sick note in is it esa I send it don’t shout I no you’ve told me before xx
  • ollieandduke
    Yes poppy I have... they gave me till the 12th march which wasnt that far away. I had been getting my evidence and paper work all photo copied and ready for the last month for the form to arrive i had kept a copy off my old reassessment form from last time and just copied what was correct. The mobility part had changed as i cannot climb steps and i live down stairs now. So i got all my medical evidence from my doctor and a letter from him stating i can no longer climb stairs and live downstairs in the living room.
    The doctor has stated i cant walk, travel unaided and have severe atheritis in my right arm and hands.
    I took your advice and got all documentation ready and waiting. Its a good job i did cus 12th march is a week away.
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Poppy I’ve done my mr when do I send sick note in is it esa I send it don’t shout I no you’ve told me before xx
    You can either send it now or keep it until it's needed. You'll need to wait for the MR decision first, if that remains the same and most do then you request the Tribunal, once they accept this then you can go back onto assessment rate for ESA, which is when the sick note is needed. It could be quite a few weeks wait yet.

Good luck with the MR. xx
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ollieandduke
    What a 352b esa catergory  form its something to do with assessment exemptions can some one help me
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2019
    What a 352b esa catergory  form its something to do with assessment exemptions can some one help me
    It's not a form it's regulation 35 exceptional circumstances and is the main route into the support group if the descriptors don't apply. It's not an exception to an assessment.

• ollieandduke
    Oh right ok thanks i saw it on a paper yesterday and googled it i must have read it wrong thanks poppy xx bycthe way how do you know so much lol
  • poppy123456
    You mention not being able to walk. If you're looking at the mobilising descriptor then they look at your ability to use a self propel wheelchair too. For the support group descriptors they must apply the majority of the time.

• ollieandduke
    My hubby pushes me in a wheelchair if i go to hospital or doctors i have artheritis in my right arm so i wouldnt be able to use the wheelchair myselfvi have explained this in my form
  • ollieandduke
    I cant mobilise by myself i cant move from one seat to another unaided i can lift a cup of coffee on a good day 
  • ollieandduke
    Will just have to wait and see what they say 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.