Chronic and degenerative conditions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic and degenerative conditions

Jayrob
Jayrob Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Thanks for the add.
I have several chronic and degenerative conditions that are extremely debilitating.
Struggling with depression and mental health problems and sometimes want to throw the towel in.
I find the fight too much sometimes.
Cannot be the wife the mother or grandmother I want to be.!

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Jayrob   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Sorry to hear your not too good. I have mental health issues my self. Mainly anxiety and depression.

Please can I ask have you spoken about how you are to your Doctor.?

I know also finding the right support and advice to cope and deal with any issues you have.  I know every day is difficult and not easy a struggle to deal with.

Please may I ask do you have any one supporting you with your issues?

Please if you do not may I suggest this mental health charity I used before.  Something to consider.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

They can help with your wellbeing and mental health.  Looking at coping methods and strategies.  With also assisting any thing further they can advise you on.

We are here as a community to be supportive, listen. Please ask if we can help and advise.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Welcome to the community @Jayrob

Thank you for sharing this with us. How are you doing today? Most of our members will relate to you, so you are not alone in feeling like you're not meeting up to your roles.

We have some discussions you may find helpful on dealing with chronic pain and mental health.

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away. 

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Brightness