I won my ESA - what next? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my ESA - what next?

Mercedes123
Mercedes123 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I won the tribunal for my Esa what next 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mercedes123 and welcome

You should ring the DWP in a few days to make sure they have received the decision. It usually takes 5-8 weeks to put a tribunal decision into payment
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Mercedes123
    I don't know if I get something imake my claim 05092017.ihad tribunal last month getting 15 point's 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't know if I get something imake my claim 05092017.ihad tribunal last month getting 15 point's 
    If the Tribunal placed you into the WRAG because your claim started after April 2017 then you won't be paid any extra money because there's no WRAG extra for claims made after this date.

If you were placed into the Support Group then you'll receive backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mercedes123
    How long I need to wait for DWP getting decision 
  • Mercedes123
    I get pip is well help me to put me in support groups 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    As you scored 15 points that doesn't sound like Support Group because being placed into this group isn't about scoring points. The Tribunal will send you a letter telling you which group you've been placed into so have a look when you receive it.

As advised, it can take 8 weeks for DWP to send out the award letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.