Requirement for mobility. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Requirement for mobility.

Options
adamb123
adamb123 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello, 

I was awarded the standard level of PIP in 2015. I feel that the scoring and tasks were very unfair. 

How would I go about informing PIP that I drive and require extra support than I was awarded for? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If your condition has got worse have you've looked at the PIP descriptors to see if you can score more points for a higher award? PIP isn't about being able to drive.

Reporting a change of circumstances mean you'll be sent more PIP2 forms, which will need to be filled in and returned, with all your evidence. Another face 2 face assessment is most likely because most have them.

My advice is to take a look at the descriptors and then get some expert advice before reporting any changes.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @adamb123, reading your last post and now this post it looks as if now you have passed your driving test you want to get a car hopefully by getting the enhanced mobility part of PIP.
  • adamb123
    adamb123 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Thanks @ilovecats Would I need to reapply for PIP? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    adamb123 said:
    Thanks @ilovecats Would I need to reapply for PIP? 
    You can't re-apply if you already have an award. See my comment above.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.