DLA REVIEW — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA REVIEW

te1
te1 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my friend has got to go for a review which she has to go for about every 3 years and is obviously anxious about it. She hasn't had to change to Pips as yet but will have to at some point. She is wondering if they will now assess her in the same way as they do when people on new claims have to attend the f2f assessments for pips or will it be different. 

Comments

• Bevvy7andover
    Bevvy7andover Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Tell her not to go alone take support
  • Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering
    Hi @tel1

I can understand that your friend is nervous. It is very likely that an F2F will be required.  Scope has lots of advice on PIP and F2F assessments.. 

Preparing for your PIP assessment

Personal Independence Payment

Tips for completing your PIP form

PIP discussions  

It's important that your friend provides as much supporting evidence as possible. I'd also recommend a visit to Citizens Advice before any assessment.

I hope this helps and I wish your friend good luck! 

• te1
    Hi 
    It's not a f2f for pips assessment she is going to. It is just a review as she has been on DLA for about 10 years and has to go every few years for a review as she hasn't got a lifelong DLA award, it's always just been to see if there has been any changes in her circumstances.She is wondering now if her review will be more like the pips assessment or will it be the same as before as she's not been sent the PIP form to fill in. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    It won't be like PIP because DLA is totally different. It will be the same as it always is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • te1
    Thanks for reply hopefully she'll be fine then and will still be able to get her dla have you any idea when all DLA claimants have to change to Pips 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem. For the PIP transfer then it could be anytime. I do know there's a lot of people still waiting.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.