PIP review advice needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review advice needed

andsha
andsha Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi all i am new to this page and would like some help regarding my partners pip review

he has ms rapidly evolving and menieres disease asthma and newly diagnosed arthiritus of the lower spine although they dont know about this yet i did tell her at assement but it isnt in the report we have just recieved a copy of assesment report which was done at home and they havent taken anything into account from what he said at assesment even though everything he did say is in the report she has made her own judgemnet that he can manage his own medication which he cant as he wont take it or he takes wrong dose

i manage all his medication which she has put in report but awarded 0 saying he can do this himself  also i assist him in and out of the shower as he has a lot of unsteadyness and dizziness and has had falls again she awarded 2 for this by saying although he fears falling he hasnt done which is untrue and she goes on too state with aids he could get in and out of a bath and wash his entire body it is also in the report that we have lived here 20yrs and always had a shower cubicle the bathroom as it isnt  big enough for a bath,

toileting he suffers incontinence and wears a urinary bag day and night he needs my help with this as he cant bend down due to pain in back and hips so i change bed etcc and if he has leaks have to help dress undress wash bedding etc he uses a crutch to walk and is in constant pain its in the report that he can walk with crutch to gate then has to stop to rest and she stated that its less than 20m but has awrded 20 - 50m reliably and repeatedly there is more but basically he was awarded 8 points dl and 10 ma,   

can i ask to speak to case manger to highlight these discrepencies before a decision is made, i just tried to ring dwp and they transferred me to atos at which the call was cut off seemed as soon as i mentioned a call back from case manager they just wanted to get rid of me any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @andsha

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today???

I’m one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes I have just sent my pack this afternoon.

We have got some good info & advice here.

There is also a number of “Benefit Advisors”

Please please let me know if any of the above is of any help?

@steve51
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes you can ask for a call back from a Case Manager to discuss your concerns with the report
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • andsha
    thank you for your reply cockney rebel i tried that today and they said the assesors report needed to be discussed with ias not case manager then promptly transferred me before i could reply is it worth trying again tomorrow and if i do get to speak to case manager do they listen?? hes frightened to death of losing his claim we had to go to appeal initially it took exactly a year won standard rate on both judge said to include all new evidence regarding incontinence and other evidence which we have  we did that in review got disability first to help with review form we ve looked at descriptors time and time again and he should be on enhanced on both he has the evidence to back this up he has had 2 lots of counselling and cbt thru supporting minds and is awaiting more help but they are ignoring this and say its insufficent evidence its noted in her report that i stopped him taking an overdose on boxing day and i deal with all his medication we spoke to his gp regarding this but it seems because there wasnt hospital involved it doesnt matter and he can manage his own medication its crazy  
  • andsha
    Hi can anyone advise if ringing case manager can make things better or worse or is it better to contact mp and go down me lieutenant thanks
  • andsha
    Sorry that meant to be mr route
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP won't be interested in any lies told in the report. I'm not sure what your local MP can do here. My advice is to wait for the decision and then request the MR in writing. For this you should state where you think he should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time he attempted that activity for all descriptors you think apply.

You'll always score points for using an aid if they think you can reasonably use one, rather than scoring points for needing assistance.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • andsha
    Another question do they stop payments if you go to Mr then appeal that's if your awarded standard and disagree 
  • poppy123456
    If you have an awarded you payments continue. Of course there's always a risk requesting the MR but mostly the decision remains the same. If this happens payments continue while waiting for the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • andsha
    Hi well he received his award letter standard on both what are the chances of it being changed at mr i have a letter from gp and his ms nurse and im also going to contact our local mp as he supported him last time it ended up going to appeal he was awarded standard on both at appeal last time at review they have just gone with assesors report its so annoying things are hard enough without having to fight this all over again any afvice would be appreciated 
  • poppy123456
    There's only 18% chance of MR decisions changing, so he's most likely have to take it to Tribunal. 71% of those who appear in person have a decision in their favour.
  • andsha
    thankyou poppy123456 i know it will be a tough road again but im going to try and include letters from gp neuro and mp at mr and hopefully get a result its just so annoying that a so called hcp can come to there own conclusion based on seeing someone for an hour and not take anything we said or the gp has written into consideration, he doesnt want me to go to mr then appeal again but i cant let someones lies just go unnoticed  but you ve also got the fear of losing what you ve been awarded its all just so wrong

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.