sent ESA50 review, how long does it take to hear back? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

sent ESA50 review, how long does it take to hear back?

Chelsea100
Chelsea100 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi how long after you send off the ESA50 review do you hear back lve been waiting since 8th feb?

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Chelsea100 welcome to the community.

Thank you for sharing this with us. I believe it takes some weeks but some of our members will be able to confirm this for you. You may find our ESA page useful. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Chelsea100,

I agree with Antonia. I would leave it at least a couple more weeks before chasing. Fingers crossed for you.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering
    Hi @Chelsea100
    It can take up to eight weeks to hear back after your review.

I wish you the best outcome.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 
    @Chelsea100
    I completed the ESA50 form and the DWP received it on the 24/12/18 I have still not heard from them.

If anyone could advise whether to phone them or just wait, it’s the wait that causes more anxiety

thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    susan48 said:
    Hi 
    @Chelsea100
    I completed the ESA50 form and the DWP received it on the 24/12/18 I have still not heard from them.

If anyone could advise whether to phone them or just wait, it’s the wait that causes more anxiety

thanks
    Hi,

Most people have face to face assessments, it's rare to have a paper based one. Waiting times vary depending on backlog in your area.

There's no harm in ringing them but they most likely won't be able to give you much information.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
  • Silver925
    Silver925 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
    I had a form in September last year
     Didn't hear back while late December takes ages got really stressed towards the end but I say takes about 3months.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    It really does depend on backlog and all areas are different.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.