Increase in benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Increase in benefits

SAMandCHARLEY
SAMandCHARLEY Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hello please can someone help me solve this because i am totally baffled, in february i recieved a letter telling me what money i was getting with the rise and they would pay it in on the 8th April and it is state pension and guarantee pension credit, that is what i usually get and today i get another letter saying the state pension will be paid in, no mention of my guarantee pension credit of £50.41, but along with the basic state pension of £116.28 they are giving me a Graduated Retirement Benefit of 56p a week, what is this i never heard of this before and why have they not mentioned my pension credit, does that mean they have stopped that, please help

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The Graduated Retirement Benefit (GRB) GRB was an early form of earnings-related pension, intended to top-up basic pension. It is based on graduated contributions paid on earnings between 1961 and 1975 and is paid to those people who paid into the graduated pension scheme.

For anything else then you'll need to ring the number on the letter to ask, they will be able to tell you what's happening.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SAMandCHARLEY
    but why have they not mentioned it in the letter i got today and what is this 56p retirement money, i never had this before and i have been retired for 9yrs
  • poppy123456
    I'm afraid you'll need to ring them to ask because no one on an internet forum can answer your questions as to why your money from April has changed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • SAMandCHARLEY
    ok i will ring them but can you answer me one question if i have guaranteed pension credit can that be stopped any time
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Did you get different letters in the 1st place. Cos they dont usually put pension and pension credit in the same letter.
    The letters can be weeks apart
  • poppy123456
    ok i will ring them but can you answer me one question if i have guaranteed pension credit can that be stopped any time
    Not unless your circumstances have changed.
  • SAMandCHARLEY

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.