Advice please capita assessment review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice please capita assessment review

Options
cjohn
cjohn Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I attended pip review nov 2018 it was stopped because i was in such an emotionel anxious state jan 2019 i recieved a letter off dwp wanting to know why i did not attend.my friend who attended it with me told them it was stopped and he said he would request either paperbased or home assessment.( the previous assessment i attended was 20 minutes away)
They then sent an appointment to attend clinic an hour away.i already sent gp letter stating i suffer with agorophobia bipolar i am deaf and ptsd and find it too distressing to attend clinics.they still sent appointment in clinic.
I got my local mp colleague to speak on my behalf they agreed to arrange home visit.
Now they have sent an appointment again in the clinic hour away that i can not attend what can i do

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @cjohn
    I think the only thing you can do is speak to your MP again.Although I’m not sure if he or she will be able to do any more for you.It is the DWP who decide on these things.
    It May be your GP could provide you with advice to get you through the assessment.
    Ultimately it is Capita and DWP decision and unfortunately if they won’t budge I’m afraid you will have to attend or risk having your claim cancelled.Good luck.
         Debsidoo.x
  • cjohn
    cjohn Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou for reply what upsets me is they did agree home visit 2 weeks ago today i get clinic appointment.i cant travel further than 20 minutes i suffer with incontinence too it would be impossible to stop to look for toilets i will have a meltdown can i appeal?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's the assessment providers that decide on home assessments not DWP.

I think you may have a problem here because you did attend a previous assessment, although it was stopped, you were still able to attend. All you can do at this point is to ring the assessment providers and ask why an appointment for a centre was sent, when they agreed to a home assessment. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.