PIP CHANGES — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP CHANGES

markyboy
markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
Fantastic news from the government that if you are over 66 you will not be reassessed from this spring being 67 myself i am more than happy after going through 2 tribunals.

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Where have you got this info from please.

• markyboy
    Just been on the I T V  News if you google changes to PIP you can read about it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    I've not heard anything about this and have searched google and found nothing. I've also seen the news today and didn't hear anything on there either. Can you post a link to confirm what you're saying is correct please.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks. It will be interesting to know what the criteria is for that as it just says disabled pensioners who've paid into the system. Emerging PIP and ESA assessment sounds interesting too.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • markyboy
    Yes i think ITV leaked the news before she meets with the charities tomorrow more details will come out after the meeting 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s great news for those that are coming up to retirement or retired but for the main the continual reacessmemt will continue.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @markyboy

This is very good news for us in the pension age range.

Rudd is due to make announcement, at an event hosted by Scope, later today.

This will take 270,000 older claimants out of the process, perhaps helping to speed up the process for other claimants.

Still no news on changes to “light touch” reassessment, for those on ten year awards.

I hope the upper ranks at Scope, give Rudd a true view of what this community thinks of the DWP and the PIP process.
  • BoabG
    BoabG Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi. I believe this is all to promote Amber Rudd's push for P.M.  I'm sure there are thousands like me who will still be left in limbo and are not covered by these changes. I am near 68 and am on DLA (high mobility and low care) and have not yet been invited to apply for PIP.  For years I've been dreading this letter dropping through my letter box.  I believe there is no mention of my/our group in her speech. 

• markyboy
    As far as i am aware people over 66 will not be reassessed but will have a light touch assessment which is by letter every decade to see if there has been a change in your condition
    Not sure if you are transferring from DLA to PIP when over 66 i would imagine you will not have to go through an assessment but that will be in the small print later today
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    I have the parliament channel on.from what has been said they are going to discuss pensioners not having to have another assessment 
    AT 2PM TODAY ON THE PARLIAMENT CHANNEL.
    il let you know tomorrow when after the dust drops what was said 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.