agoraphobia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

agoraphobia

Options
emj9998
emj9998 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone and thank you for reading this
I have been housebound for 8 years now with severe agoraphobia.I am due a pips assessment in june after having pips for 3 years.The last assessment 3 years ago was messed up,they did not turn up on a home visit when meant to and in the end they gave me pips based on a doctors letter and telephone call.I am dreading the next assessment and am getting really worried.My agoraphobia means I literally have not gone outside my front door for years and see no one but my husband and one dentist who paid a visit last year.A face to face assessment via a home visit would cause me severe distress ( I do not even see my doctor as its all done over the phone and by my husband taking pictures in,they are now trying to get me to see a community nurse for blood tests as I need them but I cant even face that),if the pips assessor makes a home visit it will have to be my husband that sees them but I am wondering if they will insist on seeing me.I am wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation and could offer any advice.

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @emj9998
    When you are invited to have your next assessment you may be able to get a home visit if you can get your doctor to write a letter on your behalf.Even if you do get a home visit you will have to be the one to speak to the assessor they don’t allow anyone else to answer for you. It might be worthwhile asking if a paper based assessment is possible.
          Debsidoo.x
  • emj9998
    Options
    hi@debsidoo
    Thank you for taking the time to reply it is greatly appreciated,I have not heard of a paper assessment x

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,341 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you didn't have a face to face assessment the first time this means that you had a paper based assessment. If the evidence you send this time isn't enough for a paper based assessment then they a face to face assessment maybe needed.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • emj9998
    Options
    hi poppy
    i was meant to have a home assessment the first time buy they did not turn up on the day I phoned and complained and then the next thing I had been awarded the lower rates of both 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.