Recently I found out I have aspergers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recently I found out I have aspergers

idkwhattoput
idkwhattoput Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Recently I found out I have aspergers. I am waiting on a diagnosis but I match all the symptoms. I was just wondering if someone who also has AS would like to chat with me. Thank you

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @idkwhattoput ;)

Thank you for sharing this with us. I have moved you over to our Autism and Aspergers discussions,where our members will be happy to have a chat with you. If you need further support or questions you can ask our Autism and Aspergers advisor called @Jack_W
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @idkwhattoput, how's things?

I'm tagging in @kavanagh10, @weeginger and @Gparr80 who have discussed Aspergers on the community in the past and who may be up for chatting. In the meantime, do feel free to tell us more about you and your experiences!
  • vysvader
    vysvader Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    edited March 2019
    Recently I found out I have aspergers. I am waiting on a diagnosis but I match all the symptoms. I was just wondering if someone who also has AS would like to chat with me. Thank you
    Hi,
    2% of the whole population (3.6% of the male population, every 28th male), that's not so least. With 500 contacts on Facebook, you could've 10, already. There are other places where you meet all the thousands. Without any intention to do it, I'm in contact with many aspies, I've collected them from more sources onto Facebook and elsewhere without any effort (I got 4 diagnosed from High IQ groups, 2 are classmates, and so on...). The chances are, you're on the same because it's not a rare condition.

Best regards,
    J. Vysvader
    You can feel free to get in touch 

Brightness