Tribunal PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal PIP

Options
reetmilly
reetmilly Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi 
I have been reading the emails relating to PIP appeals and people’s experience of the inadequate service provided by the DWP.
 I am currently going through the same experience DWP have failed to respond within the agreed time and they have been prompted to respond within a further 21 days.
 I was awarded DLA back in 2004 which was supposed to be for life I never invisaged I would have to go through this shambles.
 I found the medical assessment judgmental and discriminatory and I was really concerned about the whole process especially for anyone who is disabled living alone. I asked whether they did home visits and was told this was only for people with a terminal illness.
I have feeling I will be going to an oral appeal by what I have read.
 My benefit went towards my mobility car which gave me a quality of life. I do however want to sing the praises of Motobility they have been so helpful and I still have my car but it will have to go back in June if I lose my appeal or if I am still waiting for a hearing they will try to renew month by month.
 I would love to hear from anyone who is in a similar experience or has recently been to oral tribunal or tribunal having received the bundle.
thank you for reading this and your cooperation.
Reetmilly

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's always better to appear in person at a Tribunal hearing. You will have to speak for yourself during the hearing unless you have an appointee. The Tribunal always want to hear from you in your own words how your conditions affect you.

If you have any further evidence to send make sure you send it to arrive within 10 days of the hearing date.

You can take someone with you for support on the day.

Tribunal backlogs are huge across most of the country and some are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date. You can ring them and ask approximately how long the wait is in your area but this will only be a guide.

Hopefully the wait won't be too long for you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness