What does this mean? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What does this mean?

Options
wildlife
wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
On my son's ESA85 which was a good, factual report the assessor wrote in the LCW and LCWRA Information section "The client was found to meet the criteria for Limited Cability for Work and Work Related Activity". Was she saying he should be in the WRAG or Support Group?    

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,063 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

That's Support Group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Limited capability for work is WRAG.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • wildlife
    Options
    Sorry still confused. So it would have said just "limited capability for work" if she was putting him in the WRAG group and not the whole statement?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes limited capability for work (LCW) is WRAG. limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA) is support group.
  • wildlife
    Options
    Thank-you, very pleased with the decision but regret that since receiving the assessment report I thought he was going into the LCW group which caused a lot of stress. Do they send out the statement of reasons separately whether you ask for it or not or do you have to ring to ask for it? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem. They changed the wording quite some time ago and now use LCW and LCWRA instead of WRAG or Support Group.

Statement of reasons is only sent out after a Tribunal. The ESA85 is the assessment report which is all you can receive from the assessment. It's very rare for them to go against that report, so try to relax. The next thing you'll receive is just a based decision letter saying which group they've been placed into. There's no award length of time on the ESA decision letter either.

I recently had my ESA review and requested the report from my assessment. Recommendations in my report were also for LCWRA and of course the decision went with the report.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Options
    They changed the wording cos a lot of people were losing their wrag. :)
  • wildlife
    Options
    I've got the assessors report and the decision letter. It says in the DWP decision letter that i can ask for a written statement of reasons for the decision "if we have not already sent one". i just wanted it for my son's records in case a decision in the future went against him. They used to have the reasoning in the decision letter but I guess I can leave it for now. Thanks for taking the time to reply @Poppy123456. Much appreciated.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Options
    Other than to inform you that your claim has been successful, I don't think they bother giving reasons for that,  it is when they refuse claims, that's when the reports start.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.