Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
mumof22018
mumof22018 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
So i had my assesment with capita at home last wed so the 27th 
I phoned capita yesterday and asked had my report been sent to dwp they said yes last thur evening but they send a electronic copy and a paper copy the paper copy takes 5 days 
I phoned dwp today they said they dont ha e it yet though 5 working days will be tomorrow anyway
Do u think its good that my report was sent the day after my assesment what does audit mean is a audit done by capita or dwp? 
And the assesor had seen my application and eveidence i had sent plus i had copies at home for my assesment just to make sure 
Any ideas then if dwp get my paper copy tomorrow do they make descision that day as i sent in my medical record for past yr so they didnt ha e to phone doc plus letters from my rhumatologist to confirm my disability and another assesmnet from my occupational health doc from his assesmnet so they have all that 
Do u think i will hear soon or as its a new application they will make me wait im in northern ireland thx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,215 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They can't send you a copy of the report until both copies have been returned. The digital copy being returned the following day means nothing other than that.

No one can tell you how long it will take for them to receive the paper copy. Reports are chosen at random for audit and it just means it's being checked, nothing for you to worry about. It can delay the returning of the report because there's no timescales how long the audit takes. It's done by the auditors, not DWP.

Once the report has been returned decision's aren't made that day because there's back logs. Decision's can take anything from 2-8 weeks. As you only had the assessment last week then it could be quite a few weeks yet.

As you live in Northern Ireland then they won't send you a copy of the report until a decision's been made. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long but there's nothing you can do until the decision's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mumof22018
    Options
    Yeah thats unfortunate we cant get it for some reason and thats great thrn if they do audit mine must be ok as its been sent im sure there is back llogs here so the 5 working days is tomorrow so hopefully once they get it if it straight forward enough i will only hv to wait a few more weeks well hopefully but the info on applying on here is gold i used it all in my application so i hope its ok and i took photos of each page as i couldnt get it copied so i can print the photos if i need them thx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,215 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not all reports are sent to audit but if it is it could be weeks before it's returned and that will delay the decision. My daughters first PIP claim her report was sent to audit and it took 5 weeks to be returned to DWP. Being sent to audit doesn't mean there's more chance of being awarded. Fingers crossed a decision goes in your favour. MR then Tribunal, if it doesn't or you're not happy with the decision.  Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mumof22018
    Options
    Not all reports are sent to audit but if it is it could be weeks before it's returned and that will delay the decision. My daughters first PIP claim her report was sent to audit and it took 5 weeks to be returned to DWP. Being sent to audit doesn't mean there's more chance of being awarded. Fingers crossed a decision goes in your favour. MR then Tribunal, if it doesn't or you're not happy with the decision.  Good luck.
    Thx poppy will keep u posted 
  • mumof22018
    Options
    Poppy i didnt know how to share a page i foumd so i just copied the info as i thought it was good for NI residents starting to claim pip or dla  i hope it comes up as link it gave me idea of what time scale they are working on here

https://www.communities-ni.gov.uk/news/northern-ireland-personal-independence-payment-statistics-covering-period-introduction-pip-june-2016
  • mumof22018
    Options
    Just found out i got a paper based assesment for wca for uc i phoned to see wen they would be callimg me as they said that they had my stuff from 18th feb he said today report was done and sent to uc for final descision on 20th feb and i should have their descision in couple weeks cant believe it i am shocked as ita 1st ive ever applied for wca for sickness amd i had applied the same as i had to my pip application from advice here as in giving examples and my eveidence backed it up so relieved 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.