PIP runs out August advice needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP runs out August advice needed

Options
clare_1
clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
Hello all

In looking for advice on what needs to be done.

My PIP runs out in August this year, the dission was for 3 years. I'm not sure what the right practice is that pip will do, or I need to do.

2016 i got awarded it for a year and i didn't receive anything from them and we ended up having to contact them and they said i have to start from scratch. So started it from scratch and after went through courts they awarded enhanced rate for both and was for 3 years.

I Would just like to know what will happen, will i hear from them or do i need to ring and ask for a specific thing? for it to be continued just so I dont have to start from begining again

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

As you were awarded by the Tribunal then DWP will contact you 14 weeks before your award is due to end. You'll receive more PIP2 forms to fill in, which should be returned with all the information about how your conditions affect you. You'll need to send evidence to support your claim.

Expect another face to face assessment as most people have them. If a decision hasn't been made by the end date of your award then your payments will stop. If a decision goes in your favour you'll be back dated to the date the payments stop. If a decision is made before the end date and you're successful then you'll have a new award date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clare_1
    Options
    Thank you poppy for reply

That is good to know because when my first one in 2016 - 2017 ended they didn't contact me and had to phone them and they said to start new claim.
    Then when I went to court with the new claim, the court wanted to know why a time laps was between 2017 end date of the claim and 2017 new claim. Had to explain to the court, I rang them and they didn't contact me.
    Lucky that I was awarded for 3 years, back dated to 2017 as this case went on for over year.
    So thank you for clearing that up for me ?.

If they dont contact me 14 weeks before my end date, what do I ring up and ask for?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem. You ring DWP and tell them your PIP award is ending and you need to be sent more PIP2 forms.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clare_1
    Options
    Thank you very much poppy

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.