Sad times — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sad times

Options
Bevvy7andover
Bevvy7andover Community member Posts: 38 Connected
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
im sat here waiting for himself to finish work to take me and Bettie (my car) to the dealership as I have failed my assessment yet again! I have only had the car 18 months how can this be fair! I won my last appeal on my birthday Dec 16 was granted a new car and now I’m having to take her back whilst I wait for the farce this process has become. I don’t understand the logic take the car even tho I’m appealing please god let me win what happens then...I choose a new car how is this financial sense?? Surely they should let you keep the car pending tribunal it’s going to save a hell of a lot of money. Now I’m car less so I now am going to be home bound and my life will all but stop I will have to relie on my daughter to help get me to drs etc- my independence ends TODAY ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, it's not possible to keep the car while you wait for the Tribunal because you don't have an award in place that allows you to do that. If the Tribunal goes in your favour and awards you Enhanced mobility then you'll be able to get another mobility car.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It would be nice to have the system operate in the way you sujest, but as poppy says you have no award in place. If tribunals where heard sinner this could be implemented but if you lose the case you have to pay back the car hire payments from future benefits. Not a good idea.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh @Bevvy7andover I am so sorry to hear that :(
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    You could try a mobility garage..some will sort out a car for you which is cheaper than the mobility sceem
    Worth a chat 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.