Pip renewal assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip renewal assessment

pinkymouse
pinkymouse Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, I’m new to the Scope site.
I’d like to ask some advice if possible.
I received my PIP renewal form, 13 weeks later, I’ve had a letter asking me to attend a face-to- face assessment with Capita. I’m frightened to be honest, as I have seen and read so many horror stories from other people who’ve been for assessment with Capita. I didn’t have an assessment for my first award for PIP, it was automatically awarded.
Can anyone please advise me, as to what to expect from the assessment please?
Thank you. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You'll be asked questions about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. If you gave as much information on the form you returned then it will just be to verify what you put in the form. You'll be watched from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave.

You'll have to answer all the questions yourself unless you have an appointee and they they will be able to answer them on your behalf.

Once you've had the assessment wait about a week and if you live in the UK you can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bevvy7andover
    Bevvy7andover Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Take someone with you for support hun 
  • pinkymouse
    pinkymouse Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you both, for your replies.
    The assessment was gruelling and exhausting too, I shall ring in a week or so, and ask for a copy of the assessment report.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.