Awaiting tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awaiting tribunal

lubby123
lubby123 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I've awaiting my tribunal I suffer with depression due to the loss of daughter  mum an nephew I went to the dwp interview to find the nurse that did the interview lied saying I wasn't anxious when whilst there I'd to take my medication an cried all the way through I don't like taking about my illness I feel ashamed this is making me worse as I feel they will want me too ive also got vertigo planthia fashiaities an wear insoles in my shoe,s ,both my hands are in splints as I've fallon on 1 an on the other I've tricker finger an thumb an ive also got arthralgia in all my joints  a form of arthritis please can some help kind regards 
                                          Lubby Lu 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @lubby123 welcome to the community. 

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am sorry to hear how the interview made you feel. I hope your tribunal goes well, you may be interested in our Further appeal to the Upper Tribunal page.

Please keep us updated and if you have any questions, do let us know ;)
  • lubby123
    lubby123 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi thank you for your reply doi have attend the tribunal please 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,347 Disability Gamechanger
    Appearing in person at your Tribunal hearing will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. The Tribunal will want to see/hear for their self how your conditions affect you. You will have to tell them in your own words how your conditions affect you. 71% of those who appear in person have a decision in their favour compared to around 8% of paper based hearings.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bevvy7andover
    Bevvy7andover Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Take someone with you don’t go alone, my assessor said I was bright and chatty even tho I cried all the way thru then she said she Wundt examin me as I was in too much pain but wrote on the report I refused!!!
    going to tribunal but still had to say bye to my car yesterday, someone needs to shake these damm assessors and train them properly!
  • clare_1
    clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Hi @lubby123

So sorry for your losses, i can't even begin to know what that feels like.

I suffer from social anxiety and depression. I have had to do tribunals and I have always taken someone with me for support and the fact I can't go out on my own.

In the assessments they think that you should be sitting there rocking back and forth ect, when infact not everyone has the same symptoms for anxiety and depression.
    My advice would be to take someone with you, if its family/friend or someone trained.
    It is hard going to them but it's best to show them how you truly are and if you dont go it will just be what they read.
    I know there is some organisations out there that can assist you. 
    Have you tried getting in contact with citizen advice, they may be able to give you a number to ring so you have someone trained to help.

I wish you all the best.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.