PIP called me and want to hand deliver a letter? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP called me and want to hand deliver a letter?

Options
2»

Comments

• mcgregor28
    mcgregor28 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    just read through poppys post but noticed she was first sent a letter about coming around yet i havent been sent any letter? do you think the normal department at the PIP would know? think im just not going to answer the door if PIP say they know nothing about it.

Thanks again allx
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @mcgregor28 This sounds very unusual and I would advise as others have that you should not open the door if/when the caller comes.  If the DWP want to interview you they would usually write to you and more commonly ask you to attend a Jobcentre Plus office.  If they are from the DWP I would expect them to leave a card which perhaps you can then follow up - but even then be cautious and ring a main phone number (such as the local Jobcentre plus office and ask for the person by name rather than calling a number on the card which is "direct" to the visitor.
    Hope this all works out for you.
    Sarah
    The Benefits Training Co:

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    just read through poppys post but noticed she was first sent a letter about coming around yet i havent been sent any letter? do you think the normal department at the PIP would know? think im just not going to answer the door if PIP say they know nothing about it.

Thanks again allx
    It wasn't me that was sent a letter or hand delivered one.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Options
    If you made any arrangements with a collection agency it may be a ruse to enable them to hand you a summons, specialy if you have been trying to keep up payments.
  • mcgregor28
    Options
    thankyou all, im so anxious & down over this but i will let you all know the outcome regardless, thankyou again
  • mcgregor28
    Options
    ok so spoke to pip and after telling me for afew minutes that they dont deliver letters by hand the person looked on the system and said actually yes it is them and its a visiting officer who is hand delivering me a letter???? im just confused now all together :(
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is it possible that someone may have reported you for something? You'll be amazed at how many nasty people there is. Hopefully when you receive the letter you'll be able to sort out what ever is wrong and everything will be fine. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    edited March 2019
    Options
    If someone is considered to be vulnerable they will send a visiting officer out to deliver news/ explain something.
    If this is the case they appear to be adding to someone's distress by the way they are going about it.
    I'd have been worried sick too as to who was actually calling. I hope you let them know that

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.