PIP and ESA merger proposals on FACE TO FACE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and ESA merger proposals on FACE TO FACE

Options
teejays1617
teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
So the latest news that Amber Rudd is sending out ,is linking all information on a computer system for Disabled people receiving ESA and PIP and a ONE FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENT to cover both benefits. Also the proposed action to get over 1 million disabled people back to work over the next few years.  What worries me is the fact as DPAC mentions ,is this the TROJAN HORSE
to damage and destroy benefits that desperately ill and disabled people need.
FEEL FREE TO GIVE YOUR VIEWS AND OPINIONS

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What what can we say, just speculating what may or could happen is only going to cause anxiety and stress to many people thinking of claiming or coming up for a review of the benefits as their award nears an end date. I expect there will be a consultation on the issues that need to be addressed before any changes are made or implemented.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's nothing to comment on because there's been no further information about what exactly is going to happen. I most certainly won't worry about anything until i know i have something to worry about because this just makes my condition a million times worse.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.