Awful PIP review - we are in tears — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awful PIP review - we are in tears

Options
Madmissy12
Madmissy12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi was hoping for some advice my husband had his second pip review after 5yrs on pip we had a f2f in our home as he has social anxiety as well as depression also other complex conditions we though the interview went well hubby sat in chair and I helped with question I also spoke about his mess as he doesn't understand them or take them unless I help he had a heart attack in July.

We received our result which said that they could not award him anything and they had stopped our claim five days before and await somebody to contact us about returning the car. I phoned them and said I don't understand this so they said did we want a MR and we agreed and also a copy of the report

OMG the woman lied some much she has written 1 and a bit pages of a physical examination but she didn't do one while sitting in the chair she asked hubby to put arms in air which he did with a loud crack which she heard not mentioned also to rotate his ankles which did the same. Then reach down with his hands please Baer in mind my hubby is 6ft5 so has long arms and they reached to his shins without him bending his back but she said he stood up and crouched to the floor and stood up unaided

we have both spent the last wk in tears I haven't slept as I'm very worried for his mental health he feels what is in her report is how everyone sees him he's 39yrs old would dearly love to work as he has worked all the time until he got sick we have two kids 17/18 they have been upset but I have put in formal complaint with the assessors company and need to know if there is anything else I can do I sent all evidence the day we got the letter and I spoke to DWP  any advice welcome 

Comments

• stephenjohn
    stephenjohn Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    Options
    We had a review ,the report was written by a clown ,pure fiction,my wife has N.E.S.S and mobility problems,D.W.P said that she had walked unaided into the interview ,I accompanied her pushing her in a wheelchair,the interviewer said that my wife had refused to do simple exercises,she physically couldn’t do them .....my wife is an ex nurse and the interviewer was a student earning a bit of money on the side ......we got a review ,went to court ,case lasted about 5 minutes ,with our evidence the judge awarded in our favour ,something like 60% of all reviews are granted in the claimants favour .....
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Madmissy12   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining  and sharing. So sorry what has happened. There will be members of our community who can identify what your husband and you experienced. 

I am one myself.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who have joined the forum.

I noticed from reading you have requested a Mandatory Reconsideration.  I would suggest have a look at our website for any relevant information  on MR. 

I would also advise speak to CAB  for further consultation.  Can be useful.

You have made a complaint to the assessor company. May I also add complain to your MP.   They do need to know what is happening.

You are not alone what has happened. We are here to be supportive.

Please keep in touch .

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Madmissy12
    Madmissy12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I have complained to MP as when he started on pip they made him wait 10mths to see anybody so we have got that one done I'm looking at CAB Monday but this has caused a lot of upset with the family hubby not doing good and I suffer with fibromyalgia and this hasn't helped but we will fight on 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Madmissy12 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. You might like to check out the information provided in our appealing a DWP benefit decision. If there is anything we can help you with then please don't hesitate to let us know :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.