PIP and ESA merger proposals on FACE TO FACE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and ESA merger proposals on FACE TO FACE

Options
teejays1617
teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
So the latest news that Amber Rudd is sending out ,is linking all information on a computer system for Disabled people receiving ESA and PIP and a ONE FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENT to cover both benefits. Also the proposed action to get over 1 million disabled people back to work over the next few years.  What worries me is the fact as DPAC mentions ,is this the TROJAN HORSE
to damage and destroy benefits that desperately ill and disabled people need.
FEEL FREE TO GIVE YOUR VIEWS AND OPINIONS

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Already posted on your previous post.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What what can we say, just speculating what may or could happen is only going to cause anxiety and stress to many people thinking of claiming or coming up for a review of the benefits as their award nears an end date. I expect there will be a consultation on the issues that need to be addressed before any changes are made or implemented.
  • Bevvy7andover
    Bevvy7andover Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    The whole assessment thing Is wrong assessors getting things badly wrong leaving disabled having to lose cars and there lifeline while having to suffer tribunals or those who like my Freind just can’t face more stress and give up! Someone needs to stand up for us!!
  • April67
    April67 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    The whole system is wrong why don't they just leave us alone I had an assessment on the 11th of February it was horrible she so rude to me and my friend we have put in a complaint about her she will probably come out smelling of roses and I will probably lose what ive been fighting for ☹
  • Kissimmee90
    Kissimmee90 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    My interview yesterday was just appalling. she said the computer was down and had not read any of my notes. All the questions were irrelevant to my issues. At the end of the interview she said, I see you have had a stroke, (thought she couldn't read my notes). I did mention that I had had 2 TIA's. She then said to me, That's irrelevant. I could not believe what I was hearing.
    While waiting for the interview my brother-in-law and I were sitting in the waiting room. A woman came in and said she was there for an interview for an assessor's job. The person who greeted her asked for her professional qualifications etc. I could not believe what I was hearing. This person said she had South African documents detailing her nursing career, are they valid to pass any sort of comment on a UK citizen under interview. Secondly, she was asked for proof of living in the UK, i.e. Address etc. She said she did not have any at this time as she was staying at a friend's. Is this how ATOS run this contract, plus the DWP letting this happen. I cannot express what I want to say on this. We are fighting an uphill battle while others get fat on the unfortunates misfortune.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Options
    As we all know this system is a complete joke and not fit for purpose, but as well as we all know they the DWP peddle that PIP is for in and out of work.

So this sharing of information has been going on for a long time before this was even raised. ESA has different criteria than PIP, yes parts do cross over As well all know.

The idea by doing this and trying to get your full medical records from the NHS by way of a new digital platform.

I really believe the government will try to push this but it will have to be debated in parliament first.

A DWP spokesperson later told Disability News Service (DNS) that there were no plans to move to a single set of eligibility criteria across the two benefits – one of the many concerns raised by campaigners – and that the announcement was not a step towards moving to a single disability benefit covering both extra costs and out-of-work payments.

She said the new digital platform would “enable much greater information sharing between the two assessments” and that it would be “rolled out carefully – learning as we go”.

So try not to panic yet. If you want to opt-out sharing your full medical records to the DWP.

Type in google "opt-out NHS or ask your GP practice to do it for you.

Reasons for opting out, could be one of many, like personal delicate information you don't want to share with anyone other than your GP etc.

Remember the only medical information is needed and explains your functionality to day to day and daily tasks etc.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• April67
    April67 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    My interview yesterday was just appalling. she said the computer was down and had not read any of my notes. All the questions were irrelevant to my issues. At the end of the interview she said, I see you have had a stroke, (thought she couldn't read my notes). I did mention that I had had 2 TIA's. She then said to me, That's irrelevant. I could not believe what I was hearing.
    While waiting for the interview my brother-in-law and I were sitting in the waiting room. A woman came in and said she was there for an interview for an assessor's job. The person who greeted her asked for her professional qualifications etc. I could not believe what I was hearing. This person said she had South African documents detailing her nursing career, are they valid to pass any sort of comment on a UK citizen under interview. Secondly, she was asked for proof of living in the UK, i.e. Address etc. She said she did not have any at this time as she was staying at a friend's. Is this how ATOS run this contract, plus the DWP letting this happen. I cannot express what I want to say on this. We are fighting an uphill battle while others get fat on the unfortunates misfortune.
    Wow that is totally insane the system is so f--ked up they seem to employ anyone they don't care all they care about is getting there dollars & righting **** reports on us & making us go through tribunals ☹ to fight for what we deserve 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.