Medical professionals — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical professionals

Options
alrb
alrb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Beware of the Medical Professional interviewing you a lot of them are corrupt the more they can have taken of DLA/PIP the better wages they recieve. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @alrb   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please have a look around our website. Please join in discussions, ask any thing some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    alrb said:
    Beware of the Medical Professional interviewing you a lot of them are corrupt the more they can have taken of DLA/PIP the better wages they recieve. 
    Hi @alrb and welcome

This is completely untrue and is one of the ongoing myths. HCP's do not receive any bonus for failing a claimant. An HCP's job is to assess your functionality with regard to the descriptors. Unfortunately, despite believing that they do meet the criteria, some claimants, especially when moving from DLA do not and therefore do not receive the award they think they deserve.
    There are some assessors that are overly harsh but they do not receive any bonus
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • alrb
    alrb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I have read that if they can do an extra assessment they get £50 wage that tells me they are under pressure to complete the assessment to earn extra, a little bit like peace work, it makes me suspicious about lots of HCP's who have lost there jobs and been prosecuted for fraud. I must admit with this government nothing surprises me 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.