Changes of circumstance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Changes of circumstance

choolou
choolou Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi, roughly over three months ago, I was diagnosed with a newer more permanent illness, I had been awarded standard rate for both, but was told to make pip aware as they might make a new desicions as I may need more care given now, so I did, I sent off the form, I was wondering how long i should be waiting to hear back from them, and he long it should take for them to make a disicion 

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi @choolou
    You should give it a couple of weeks and then ring them to see if your form is in.
       Debsidoo.x
  • focus
    focus Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
    I put in a form about seven weeks ago, I am still waiting the outcome of their decision.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2019
    @choolou,
    Hello and welcome, have you had your F2F acessment if so you can request a copy of your acessment report, it takes about 10 days or so to arrive once requested, on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the award notification letter. The decision makers mostly go with the report findings.
  • choolou
    I haven't no 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Most people have face to face assessments so expect one of those, it's rare to have a paper based assessment. Waiting times for these depend on backlog in your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tysnan
    tysnan Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I have just applied for PIP as I have been receiving high rate mobility and low care, I am getting a lot worse , falling more , being less flexible, they said that they will send out the form as I apparently passed the first part (a twenty minute grilling on the phone)
  • choolou
    Hi, I got paid earlier due to bank holidays over the Easter holiday, and it's been three weeks, and I was wondering if I get paid three weeks from the date they gave it me earlier, or from the date it should have been?
  • poppy123456
    choolou said:
    Hi, I got paid earlier due to bank holidays over the Easter holiday, and it's been three weeks, and I was wondering if I get paid three weeks from the date they gave it me earlier, or from the date it should have been?
    It will be from the date you should have been paid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • choolou
    Hi, I was wondering how long it takes for them to reach a decision on change of circumstances after the face to face consultation?
  • poppy123456
    choolou said:
    Hi, I was wondering how long it takes for them to reach a decision on change of circumstances after the face to face consultation?
    There's no timescales. It depends on backlog in your area. If you haven't already, then ring and request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision will be because they mostly go with the report.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.