mandatory reconsideration for Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mandatory reconsideration for Lcwra

Stunninglady27
Stunninglady27 Community member Posts: 36 Listener
I have put in an MR as scored 0 points for this I currently recieve enhanced pip mobility and daily living ... I’ve waited 5 weeks still no word on MR how long does this normally take ? And do anybody ever win MR for Lcwra 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 
    I have been through this it took 6 weeks for my MR decision which wasn't successful so I went to tribunal which I win however the whole process took 13 months from start to finish and now waiting for back pay. Good luck 
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Hardly anyone wins with M.R. its just a waste of time the money whats spent on them could be spent on disabled people i,m sure the dwp do it to put more stress and pressure on the claiment
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I have put in an MR as scored 0 points for this I currently recieve enhanced pip mobility and daily living ... I’ve waited 5 weeks still no word on MR how long does this normally take ? And do anybody ever win MR for Lcwra 
    Sorry I am a bit thick today, is your MR for PIP or ESA/UC ?

Around 18% of MR's are succesful, waiting time varies from area to area depending on the backlog
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Stunninglady27
    It’s not for pip I got pip enhanced rate for both it’s for Lcwra I got 0 points 
  • Stunninglady27
    Enhanced rate for mobility and daily living for pip I got .... Then ten days later I had an assesment for Lcwra and got 0 point that’s why I have done an MR for lcwra
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    I no its a different benefit but did you show the assessor your pip report
  • Stunninglady27
    I never had it at that time but have sent it in to MR for Lcwra for mr 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    The assessor won't be interested in what the OP got for PIP. However DWP Case Managers do take note as my son has just been reassessed for ESA and his PIP review was not long before that. It mentioned in the list of documents taken into consideration his PIP result. It is always worth mentioning what PIP you're on in an MR letter and asking for the evidence used for PIP to be reused for ESA especially with news of a possible merger of the 2 benefits being talked about. Only my opinion. 
  • Stunninglady27
    I’ve also sent in occ health report which I never had at the time 
  • Stunninglady27
    I sent it in anyway fingers crossed as two assessments within 12 days of each other and the difference is unbelievable 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP and ESA are different benefits however, if you're claiming Enhanced mobility for "moving around part" of PIP then it's possible that this could help an ESA claim BUT the only issue is, is that for mobilising for ESA then they look at your ability to use a self propel wheelchair. For PIP moving around they don't consider this, so it's slightly different.

I claim Enhanced mobility for PIP for the moving around part and i sent my PIP report and decision letter with my ESA50 form in September last year. I also proved that i couldn't self propel a manual wheelchair. My PIP report was used for my ESA and was mentioned in the assessment report. I had a face to face assessment for ESA this time. Decision was made a few weeks later and was kept in the Support Group (LCWRA UC equivalent)

Also remember that LCWRA is not about scoring points, it's about satisfying at least one of the LCWRA descriptors the majority of the time. This link will help. Scroll down the link for the LCWRA descriptors. https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Your-Situation/Ill-Injured-or-Disabled/Universal-Credit-Capability-for-work-assessment

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stunninglady27
    I don’t use a wheelchair but as I say enhanced rate for pip
    snd Lcwra said I was fine more or less wish I was I’m going to lose the job I loved all because of my illness and waiting on nhs dealing with things 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    For the mobilising descriptor, they look at your ability to use a self propel wheelchair, whether you use one or not. It's slightly different descriptor to the moving around part of PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    I sent in my PIP forms on my first claim a few months back and they went of all the information of that. I had to attend a F2F but she sent me home after 10 minutes said she has enough info, when the report come it said ‘ evidence available from PIP entitlement ‘. So yeah do send your PIP forms ??
  • Stunninglady27
    Can I ask your disability if you don’t mind 
  • mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    edited March 2019
    Can I ask your disability if you don’t mind 
    On my PIP forms I had no diagnoses and get enhanced both. But now I only have diagnoses of fybromyalgia, chronic widespread pain and bowel problems. I am currently undergoing assesment for Autism. In August I have the review ?? But got my ESA Support Group till May 2020. What about you?
  • Stunninglady27
    That’s a shame it’s horrible all this pain I’ve got cervical
    spondilosis disc profusion sand have taken several tias mini strokes I’m in constant pain nerve compression in my hands arms n they say I’m well 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.