Received a letter for an interview under caution for carer allowance - can you help? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received a letter for an interview under caution for carer allowance - can you help?

audi50
audi50 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi in Need of advice 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @audi50 and welcome

How can we help ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @audi50 welcome to the community! Let us know how we can help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • audi50
    audi50 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Any advice please. Been a carer to my child for 1.5 years .didn't  receive a letter to say I got it .after some months I got it in the bank .I sent in p45 3 months after reviving it ..didn't hear anything .April 18 sent in a offer letter of work  which I accepted as my daughter was going to a day centre so it freed up my time a do some work .after 5 months i thought it would be better to return to do agency work .so I sent in my p45 all correspondence was stamped ...now I have received a letter for an interview under caution for carer allowance. I did get a solicitor ...any advice please .I hear they are not to nice .thank you  - clear
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You should get trained advice from an agency near you. IUC is potentially a serious matter, do you still meet all the requirement to claim CA ?

Eligibility

The person you care for

The person you care for must already get one of these benefits:

• Personal Independence Payment - daily living component
    • Disability Living Allowance - the middle or highest care rate
    • Attendance Allowance
    • Constant Attendance Allowance at or above the normal maximum rate with an Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
    • Constant Attendance Allowance at the basic (full day) rate with a War Disablement Pension
    • Armed Forces Independence Payment

Your eligibility

You must earn no more than £120 a week after tax and expenses. Expenses can include:

• 50% of your pension contributions
    • some of the costs of caring for your children or the disabled person while you’re at work

All of the following must also apply:

• you’re 16 or over
    • you spend at least 35 hours a week caring for someone
    • you’ve been in England, Scotland or Wales for at least 2 of the last 3 years (this does not apply if you’re a refugee or have humanitarian protection status)
    • you normally live in England, Scotland or Wales, or you live abroad as a member of the armed forces
    • you’re not in full-time education
    • you’re not studying for 21 hours a week or more
    • you’re not subject to immigration control

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.