Appeal pip desicion — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal pip desicion

Options
titch7789
titch7789 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I recently applied for pip and went for my assessment 3 weeks ago. Got the letter to say sorry you are fine and dont need it. My question is should I appeal it or let it go as i dont understand the process and got no one to help me. I have FASD  so it not visible.

Comments

• Bevvy7andover
    Bevvy7andover Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    Go to citizens advice appeal ur case another idea is get your gp to write a letter x
  • titch7789
    Options
    I ripped up the letter anyway out of frustration. What does my gp say?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's now those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. It's difficult to give any advice on an internet forum because no one knows how your conditions affect you.

Did you send evidence to support your claim? This will be needed and it needs to state how your conditions affect you, rather than just saying you have a diagnosis.

I'd advise you to get further advice from a local advice centre near you...CAB, welfare rights or a law centre. You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • titch7789
    Options
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello any welcome, have you requested a copy of your acessment report? By requesting your report on receiving it you can go through you report to see why you where not awarded the benefit. You have 30 days from receiving your award notification letter to request a MR and is best to send in a written request. Asking your GP to write a letter is a waste of time as your GP will not know how your daily life affects you in relation to the descriptors of the acessment. PIP is a benefit that is awarded to claimants who’s lives are affected in a way that they can not do, complete activities in their daily lives safely, repeatedly and in a timely manner according to the PIP descriptors. PIP is not awarded on disability, diagnosis or the amount of medications you are taking.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.