my son is disabled and is doing a persuasive essay on disabled parking spaces, any feedback please? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

my son is disabled and is doing a persuasive essay on disabled parking spaces, any feedback please?

Options
ellenmckee
ellenmckee Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2019 in Transport and travel
Hi, my so is disabled and is doing a persuasive essay on disabled parking spaces. He is looking for some feedback on any issues, accidents or ncidents anyone has had due to not enough disabled spaces. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @ellenmckee   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide , advise and support new members who join.

There will be members of our community who may be able to help and assist in your sons essay.

There have been incidents much documented on this forum. Very much concerning disabled spaces.

I wish you all the success in your project.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @ellenmckee :)

We have had some discussions on disabled parking  and I will move this thread to our Motability, Blue Badges and disabled motoring discussions. You may be interested in our disabled people discussions too.

All the best with your son's essay and please keep us updated ;) 

• KittyTinker
    KittyTinker Community member Posts: 79 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi we have a blue badge for my son with cp no Hugh issues only minor annoyances but we recently had our first trip abroad and it never occurred to me to take our blue badge. However on our return I noticed that we probably could have although I've not read the terms and conditions for use abroad, just that it said EU and had lots of different languages written on. It may be an interesting slant for your son to see how Brexit may effect this as I've never heard it mentioned. Good luck with the essay. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have a blue badge and an invisible impairment and I have definitely felt judged by disabled people who have a more visible impairment. I think it is an interesting dynamic where disabled people feel frustrated and upset between ourselves but this would be resolved if there were more parking spaces.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness