I have a 10 year old son who also has leukemia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have a 10 year old son who also has leukemia

Leema1
Leema1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi just joined the scope community, hoping to be able to share experiences and ideas. I have a 10 year old son who also has leukemia 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Leema1 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear this do let us know how we can help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Leema1   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing and joining.

Sorry to hear about your son, We as a community are here to support you.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join.

Please have a look around our website. Ask any questions, get involved in discussions.  

We are friendly care and share.

Pleasure to meet you.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Leema1
    How are you and son, doing today? I am sorry to hear your son, we are all here for you. I have moved you over to our 
    parents and carers discussions, where other members can support you. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Scope have recently launched a new service called Navigate.  Navigate provides a six week programme of online and telephone support to parents who have a child going through diagnosis or have a child who has recently been diagnosed with a disability (within 12 months). The aim is to provide parents of a child with a disability with emotional and practical support.

If you think this may be something that could benefit you please visit https://www.scope.org.uk/family-services/navigate or call 0808 801 0510
  • Leema1
    Leema1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Ah thank you everyone. Didn't say earlier, my son has downs syndrome and I wanted to ask everyone about speech therapy as he uses makaton and has speech although it's unclear 
  • Kate_Scope
    Kate_Scope Scope Posts: 74 Pioneering
    hi, @Leema1 my name is Kate and I work as a parent adviser on the navigate team. 

we support parents who are going through a period of diagnosis or have had a diagnosis for thier child in the last 12 months. 

if you feel some emotional or practical support would be of use to you please don't hesitate to get in touch.

https://www.scope.org.uk/family-services/navigate

You can self refer online or call us on 0808 801 0510

Kate 

Brightness