Tribunal timeline — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal timeline

Yicker
Yicker Community member Posts: 4 Listener
ive finally received a letter confirming the DWP will be agreeing with the initial assessment and it's going to an independent tribunal. When I rang for a date for my hearing they said it will be over 42 weeks from when I applied to the appeal court.
is this a normal timeline? I live in the north west of England

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's huge backlogs for most of the country for Tribunals and a lot are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date. The time they tell you is just a guide. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Hi @Yicker Do you mean you've applied  for a Mandatory Reconsideration  and that agreed with your original decision? Tribunal waiting lists vary and I don't think anyone here can tell you whether your time to wait is normal or not. it depends where you live.  
  • Yicker
    Yicker Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I applied To the independent tribunal on Christmas Eve ( nice present in the post from the DWP ) after the mandatory reconsideration agreed with the assessor.

42 weeks seems common from what I've read. Sadly I lose my mobility car in a fortnight ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.