PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment

Favell01
Favell01 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can anyone help please, I’ve just had an assessment after 2 years of pip cause my old one run out and this is the first time I’ve had to renew, I had to go to a tribunal last time and worried sick I’ll have to go through it all again , does anyone know if it’s easier this time round as it’s just a big worry for me like most others I gues, thanks in advance x

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Favell01 some of our members will be able to answer your questions. Hopefully you will not have to go through the tribunal again.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Favell01 said:
    Can anyone help please, I’ve just had an assessment after 2 years of pip cause my old one run out and this is the first time I’ve had to renew, I had to go to a tribunal last time and worried sick I’ll have to go through it all again , does anyone know if it’s easier this time round as it’s just a big worry for me like most others I gues, thanks in advance x
    Generally all reviews are carried out as though it is a new claim.
    This can include a face to face assessment and if you are unlucky, another appeal hearing.
  • Favell01
    Do you know if they look at any off the older paper work from previous claims sorry to keep asking just so worried and I know I don’t need to it’s just so worried 
  • zoomie
    zoomie Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Make sure you take someone with you to the assesment. Get updated medical records and be prepared for the assessor to, frankly, write a fabricated report. I am not sure you can request a video recording. If you can then go for it! Remember many of these assessors have little knowledge of your condition. Good luck. 
  • Favell01
    @zoomie thank you so much for the advice means a lot 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    They don't record PIP assessments. You can record your own (not video) but you must use 2 CD/tape recorders to record 2 identical copies. One must be handed into the assessment provider at the end of the assessment. You must also get permission before doing this by ringing the health assessment providers before your assessment date.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tanyabennett1976
    tanyabennett1976 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Can I ring anyone to find out about my pip?if I've got it or not
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Can I ring anyone to find out about my pip?if I've got it or not
    If you've recently had a face to face assessment (most have them) and are waiting for a decision then you can ring DWP PIP to ask if the assessment report has been returned. If it has then you can request a copy be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. At the same time you can ask if a decision has been made, if it has they'll tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.