Reapply for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reapply for PIP

Options
Sim1y3
Sim1y3 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
Ok I'm really confused and don't know what to do. In October I was rejected for PIP because I was too sick to attend the assement. Then in February my ESA was cut i didn't know why so mum phoned esa for me. The lady on the phone told me it was cut because I don't get DLA anymore and was rejected for PIP. She said I can't get my full ESA back until i get pip. She told mum to help me reapply then I'll get my full ESA back because I really need more money I can't afford anything any more I can't cope. I have autism and anxiety and learning difficulties as well as a wheelchair user and have sensory difficulties along with speech problems. Please can someone help 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Which group are you in for ESA WRAG or Support Group? The premium that you lost when your DLA stopped could have been the severe disability premium if you lived alone an no one claimed carers allowance for looking after you.

To claim this premium you'll need to be awarded the daily living PIP. Yes, you can re-apply but be aware that it's most likely you'll need to attend a face to face assessment again because most people have them. Evidence will also be needed to support your claim. A claim could take several months, depending on backlog.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sim1y3
    Sim1y3 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    Hi I think I am in support I don't really understand. Will we have to do that long form again. I will try my very best not to be sick if I get a new appioment. Mum photocopied all my letters so have spares. Thank you for your help
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes you'll be sent another PIP2 form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.