pip review: how long will it take and what happens with paper based assesments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip review: how long will it take and what happens with paper based assesments

Options
bfg12
bfg12 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I new to this I wondered if anyone could advise me awaiting pip review first applied in nov18 DWP’s recieved my paper based assessment last week and awaiting for decision does anyone know how long that could take and what happens with paper based assesments

Comments

• Ununpentium
    Ununpentium Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Hi @bfg12 ,
    Sorry to hear that you’re still waiting for news on your PIP claim. You can get an update and more information about your claim by contacting the PIP helpline on 0800 121 4433.
    I've never had a paper based assessment so I don't know how long they take. My face to face assessments took a few months to be arranged and the decision made afterward

Sarah - Online Community Volunteer
  • bfg12
    Options
    Thanks I’ll ring this morning 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bfg12 welcome to the community! Keep us updated and let us know if you need any further help! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • beckyboo14
    beckyboo14 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Options
    Welcome, how did you get on? 
  • bfg12
    Options
    Hi rang pip they said they would send out a copy of assessment also received a letter today from them saying they had recieved the report and they would be processing it.But I recieved a text on the 21/02 saying the same thing not sure what is going on can anyone help.
  • beckyboo14
    beckyboo14 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Options
    When was your assessment? Usually can take 6 weeks. I had to wait 8 weeks for my sister to get report. How did you get your assessment paper based was it anAR1 form?  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no timescales for decisions. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. My daughter's PIP review was paper based and the report was returned a month ago....still waiting for a decision but the report recommends the award to stay the same....Enhanced for both parts.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bfg12
    Options
    Hi
    my paperbased assesment was between the 29/01 and 28/02.My psychiatrist  sent a letter with my renewal form saying I suffered from ocd anxiety problems  plus and she wished me to have a paper based assesment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All you can do at this point is request a copy of the assessment report. There's no time scales for any decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    You will need ask for the PIP form PA3 as you've been advised it was done on paper rather than an assessment.

I had a Paper only PIP assessment, and the whole process once everything was sent back took around 3 months.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.