PIP and emphysema - lost it as condition wont get any better — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and emphysema - lost it as condition wont get any better

Options
Colinmid
Colinmid Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have been getting pip for my  emphysema for several years and this time they said that I wasn’t bad enough to have it so I have just asked for them to look at it again as my condition can’t get any better just stay the same or get worse. It has got worse so if I was  entitled to it before I should be now. 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Colinmid, welcome to the community!
    Was it today that you put in for the mandatory reconsideration? It can take some time for decisions to be made on these, but if you don't receive the outcome you want, this can still be escalated further via tribunal. If you want to read up about this, you can find lots of information about all this on our Appealing a DWF benefits decision page.

Please keep in touch and let us know how it all goes.
    Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Whatever rate of PIP you have had in the past is irrelevant. You are assessed as you are now.

• Colinmid
    Colinmid Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I know that I have been reassessed but my mobility isn’t as good as last time and my mental health is so much worse
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck with the Mandatory reconsideration! Let us know how you get on!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Colinmid
    If your PIP award is reviewed then a new decision is based on your circumstances at the time of the decision and this does not necessarily take into account any previous decisions. That said, it may seem wrong if you previously received an award and this would suggest that you should ask for the decision to be looked at again. As others have indicated this is commonly known as a mandatory reconsideration with the option of an independent appeal to follow. As Adrian suggests above you might like to get look at the pages on appealing a decision.
    Good luck
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.