Hi, my name is welshy123 i need a little advice regarding esa. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is welshy123 i need a little advice regarding esa.

welshy123
welshy123 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi in 2017 i was found unfit for work and placed in the support group to be reassessed after 12 months.  I have now had ftf assessment 3 weeks early on feb 26th.  Today Sat 9th ive recieved a letter saying my medical certificate will run out on the 11th of March and i need to send one in by 12th.  I have never been asked before for fit notes . Please help.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @welshy123 welcome to the community! I am unsure however some of our community members will know and will be in contact with you soon :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @welshy123 and welcome

The only people that can answer this is the DWP. Give them a ring on monday
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @welshy123, just wondering how you're getting on? Did you manage to give the DWP a call? Please let us know if you need anymore help.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Welshy123
    Unless there has been a change to the decision that you have a limited capability for work related activity (the Support Group test) you should not be required to provide medical certificates from your GP. And so i agree with others that you should contact the DWP and ask them to clarify.
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:

• welshy123
    Hi everyone,  i waited 1 hour monday morning to get through to dwp and am still not 100% sure on advice given. I was told to ignore the letter as they can see i am in support group and they said it was probably a blip in the system. I told them i was waiting for new decision and he said its fine because if i am found fit for work then they would'nt need a med cert.  I asked if my payments will continue and again the response was, should be ok.  Many thanks for all your responses.
  • welshy123
    Hi David,  a little worried again now. If they have moved me from the support group to work related group then would i need to hand in medical cert.  Have not recieved any decision yet. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Being in either group will not require you to send in any sick notes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jonmhf
    jonmhf Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    In on ESA and get the middle rate them on Friday I got a letter saying as from September 2019 that are reduceding my money to the lowest rate. And have a month to ask then why ?thay sent no letter as for the reason. so if wrote to them .and enclose a photo copy off my hospital letter saying iv got a back opp on Monday the 18 March,
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    jonmhf said:
    In on ESA and get the middle rate them on Friday I got a letter saying as from September 2019 that are reduceding my money to the lowest rate. And have a month to ask then why ?thay sent no letter as for the reason. so if wrote to them .and enclose a photo copy off my hospital letter saying iv got a back opp on Monday the 18 March,
    Hi,

There's no middle rate of ESA, it's WRAG or Support Group. Do you claim DLA mid/high rate care or PIP daily living for yourself. Do you live alone (no other adults living with you? Have you got a son/daughter that you're currently claiming child benefit for but this money stops in August because they are leaving full time non advanced education?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • welshy123
    Hi sorry for delay. I recieve pip daily care. My boys are 24 and 14 and im a single parent with menieres, depression, spine and bowel probs.  I have had good news today that i am going to stay in support group until reassessment in August 2020.  Im crying because its a relief after all the stress again. Thank you all for your help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.