Are there other avenues of support for Dad? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are there other avenues of support for Dad?

Gillian33
Gillian33 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everyone  Not sure where to go tbh. My Dad is 88 and struggles. Wondering the streets at night  We're trying to cope as a family but we can't always be there  He's 88  I try my best to support him. I don't know what to do . We had a really good social worker but Dad left hospital after his last episode as he wants to be in his own home. As a result of this we're told there won't be any more social support unless we fund it ourselves. I can't afford it - none of us can afford it . 

Dad thinks he's back at work when I check on him and he's forgetting his medication. I'm really struggling - we all are. 

Are there other avenues of support for Dad? 

Comments

• pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Hi @Gillian33

Welcome to the community. ?

sounds like a stressful time for you

Firstly you have come to the right place we can help there is lots of support and advice on the scope website given your specific enquiry I would also have a look into a charity called Age UK there have advice on supporting older people here is a link to there website there have lots of information about sevices they offer they also have a helpline.

Advice line: 0800 678 1602 (

Lines are open 8am-7pm)

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @Gillian33 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry to hear what you are going through.

You have ben some god guidance and advice from my friend @pink_princess.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join the forum.

Please can I also advise maybe speak to your Doctor about other forms of support and welfare.

Hope that helps.

Please feel free to ask anything further we as a community will be supportive.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness