Home visit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home visit

clare_1
clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
Hello all

I wonder if anyone could tell me the correct procedure for a home vista for DWP?.
We have rung DWP and they said I need to contact doctor to fax over a form.
When we rang doctors they said they have never done it that way and I would have to collect a form that would cost £25.
Any help would be great. 

I had an appointment at job centre 23rd October 2018 expainded I had two operations and more hospital visits in that year and I handed over evidance of this.
Then I I get s form through the post that I had got help to fill out and sent back the 30th October.
Then I recive a letter for a face to face meeting that I was meant to go to today. I had to cancel it due to no way of getting there, as I have social anxiety and I dont go out on my own, plus other medical issues.

They are going to send an other appointment out but I doubt if I'll be able to go to that one either as I'm not well enough to drive myself, waiting for MRI results back from slipped disc in neck. So I'm kind of pulling my hair out as what to do. 
I didn't put this issue on the form beacuse I only found out about this after

Thank you in advance for the correct procedure or advice given

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,914 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm assuming because you've posted in the ESA part of the forum that your appointment is for a work capability assessment for ESA?

If so then it's not DWP you need to contact regarding this, it's the health assessment providers and you need to ring the number at the top of the appointment letter. DWP don't deal with these assessments.

As you've now canceled one assessment then please be aware that you won't be able to cancel another because they only allow you to cancel one. If you don't attend the next one then you risk being found fit for work for failing to attend.

What you need is a letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can't attend on of their assessment centres but your GP may charge you for this letter. Even with a letter there's no guarantee that you'll be given the home assessment. If you attend other appointments then they may refuse you the home visit because of this reason.

Do you have anyone at all that can attend the assessment with you...family member or friend?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clare_1
    edited March 2019
    Hi @poppy123456

I'm pleased your amused by my question!

Yes i have posted before about "DWP appointment not being able to attend " before. I just have trouble understanding/ explaining things properly, so me being me I panic I havent explained it properly and write this new feed.

They did send me out a Capability of work form to fill out, that was sent back in October and I didn't hear anything back. That is until I received a letter this year, that said about the face to face assessment today that was in Canterbury.
    My mum did ring the number on the letter that says DWP on it, I'm unable to tell you the number atm as the letter is in the room where partner is sleeping. 

I understand that I can only cancel once from the information on the last post. I did cancel it beacuse of what I said in this post and beacuse the doctors said it would take a month to get sorted and DWP didn't give me enough time to sort one out in the first place.

I understand you say that  because I've gone to others they may say I can go to this one also. But I havent had a suspected slipped disc in neck before, that has bed ridden me, I have never not been able to drive and I always drive myself to meetings. I can't get public transport and I can only get my sisters partners car and my friends and they was unable to attend with me, I dont trust anyone Els beacuse of my social anxiety, trouble speaking, not being able to go out on owned I always take my mum or partner and more illnesses that stop me from doing so.

That's why I was reasking about the forms and the correct procedure, just to make sure I know properly the rules. As the lady on the phone thought it could be faxed over and even gave us a number to do so and the doctor secretary said no they dont do it that way.
    That's why I was confused about it all. Maybe this assessment is for PIP  and not ESA/DWP, I just dont know but I'm sure its ESA beasuse of where I have to go for it. PIP is same place but just around corner
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,914 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I think you misunderstood what i said at the start of my previous comment. I didn't say i was amused, i said i assume.

Yes, this will be for ESA because it's a work capability assessment. All you can do is send in the letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can't attend the assessment and see what happens from that. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clare_1
    Hi @poppy123456

Maybe i did read it incorrectly. For that I apologise.

The letter defently says: "we have been asked by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to carry out an assessment in relation to your benefit claim".
    We rang the appointments line on the letter.

That's why I was confused beacuse lady on phone told us the wrong procedure about the letter, so didn't know 8f I was coming 9r going with what the correct way to do this was

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.