Disagreeing with decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disagreeing with decision

deedee55
deedee55 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi all. Ive been on dla granted for life with mobility. Ive had my pip assesment and the decision arrived today. Ive been granted my care part but not my mobility. Since the assesment im having ohysio every 2 weeks a d now theyve given me crutches to use. I have a osteo arthritis in both knees and my spine along with numbness in lower legs and was diagnosed fibromalgia in nov. I also have asthma. Im in paun co tinuosly wether sat or stood. The lady didnt listen. Recko s i can walk 50 to 200m no pain. Lol my gp would happily give me a wheelchair. My question is can i go for appeal just on ybe mobility part or will it be the whole claim and i rusk lising my care component. Any help thanks in advance

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, you must request a MR within the 30 days of receiving your award letter best done by writing and giving several examples of what happened every time you do the PIP descriptor you are contesting , I am sure others will give more information regarding this as the day goes on.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    deedee55 said:
    Hi all. Ive been on dla granted for life with mobility. Ive had my pip assesment and the decision arrived today. Ive been granted my care part but not my mobility. Since the assesment im having ohysio every 2 weeks a d now theyve given me crutches to use. I have a osteo arthritis in both knees and my spine along with numbness in lower legs and was diagnosed fibromalgia in nov. I also have asthma. Im in paun co tinuosly wether sat or stood. The lady didnt listen. Recko s i can walk 50 to 200m no pain. Lol my gp would happily give me a wheelchair. My question is can i go for appeal just on ybe mobility part or will it be the whole claim and i rusk lising my care component. Any help thanks in advance
    Both at MR stage and at the Tribunal stage the whole award will be looked at.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @deedee55, They look at both i.e. the whole claim again. However they don't like admitting they were wrong giving you the daily living so, that, together with how strong your claim was for daily living and mobility should help you decide whether to do an MR. I didn't worry about losing what I'd got and managed to get enhanced mobility from standard rate at MR. It sounds like you have a good case for having mobility. But it's your decision. Do what's right for you.     
  • deedee55
    Well ive now lost even more of my benefits. Going to lise £500 per month. God knows how ill manage. But im trying not to worry or il end up putting myself un an early grave. Lifes too short anyway. Just hatd x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    deedee55 said:
    Well ive now lost even more of my benefits. Going to lise £500 per month. God knows how ill manage. But im trying not to worry or il end up putting myself un an early grave. Lifes too short anyway. Just hatd x
    Which other benefits have you lost? The mobility part that you lost when transferring to PIP doesn't add up to £500 per month. If you were claiming the severe disability premium because you live alone then this will continue to be paid because you were awarded the daily living part of PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deedee55
    Wont. intinue as im having a carer so they getcarers allowence
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes indeed, someone claiming Carers allowance for looking after you means you're not entitled to claim the severe disability premium. £64.30 per week is a lot to lose, maybe worth thinking about that person canceling the carers allowance claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Yes indeed, someone claiming Carers allowance for looking after you means you're not entitled to claim the severe disability premium. £64.30 per week is a lot to lose, maybe worth thinking about that person canceling the carers allowance claim.
    And assuming that the claimant needs a carer, they need to ask if the carer will do the job for nothing. It is an either or situation, you can have one but not the other. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.