Pip decision time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip decision time

fizzy123
fizzy123 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
I just wanted to get a idea of the pip wait time, I went for my WCA in January an haven’t hear back since I rang yestartday an was told there’s still no decision. Is it normal to take 8+ weeks?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, if you have had your F2F you can request your acessment report and on receiving it you will be able to work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for your official award notification letter. The DM mostly go by the report when making an award.
  • fizzy123
    I should have asked for it but felt too anxious too ask, so does the 8 weeks wait mean I’ll get a award or could it still be a no? I applied for it last January  but because of my severe anxiety I didn’t go to the f2f assessment an left the claim 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,347 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

A work capability assessment is for ESA/UC and you've posted in the PIP/DLA part of the forum. Which benefit are you enquiring about? Are you saying you didn't attend your face to face assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fizzy123
    Sorry it was a f2f assessment for pip not WCA, when I first applied for pip I didn’t go to the f2f assessment which cancelled the claim an then only in December 2018 I applied again for pip an managed to get myself to the assesment 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,347 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales for decisions. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. If you live in the UK you can request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be.

Waiting 8 weeks since the assessment doesn't mean anything. Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fizzy123
  • leefren
    leefren Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    had my appeal for tribunal lodged on the 08/02/2019,They had until today(14/03/2019) to respond, I just got an email saying they haven't and to wait until they do, they have had 5 weeks, if I don't get my papers in on time I can't appeal, how can they have so much time to do things  Flag   

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.